75 Express implements the first phase of the I-75 PD&E (Project Development and Environment) Preferred Alternative ultimate corridor improvements, extending 18 miles from I-595 in Broward County to SR 826 (Palmetto Expressway) in Miami-Dade County. The Project will provide additional capacity resulting in improved operational conditions, faster peak traffic travel speeds, more reliable travel times, and reduced user delay.
The Project features a new 4-lane tolled managed lanes facility in the I-75 median. Key project components include:
- Express lanes direct connections to I-595, Florida’s Turnpike (HEFT), and the Palmetto Expressway
- Ingress and egress ramps to enter and exit the express lanes at various locations throughout the corridor
- Accommodation of Bus Rapid Transit (partnership with County Transit Agencies)
- Integrated ITS (Intelligent Transportation System)/Tolling systems
- Noise barrier walls (where warranted per the PD&E Noise Study)
- Emergency Response provisions